Providing Rhode Island Storage Solutions for over 120 Years
White-Glove Storage Service
Arpin White Glove Storage
The growth of the self-storage industry is due in large part by the reluctance of many moving and storage companies to be responsive to the changing needs of customers. The upside of self-storage is that customers basically have unlimited vision and access to their items. The downside is that the customers have to do all of the work themselves to enjoy these benefits.
Arpin RI wants to re-write the script. Our white-glove storage service is the perfect alternative to traditional self-storage solutions for those looking for the benefits of having all of your items visible and available to you at any time, but can’t or don’t want to do any of the physical labor. The White Glove Storge service offers customers the added benefits of having all of their items:
- Wrapped in protective pads inside the home by fully trained, professional movers
- Inventoried with a listing of everything stored along with images of each item
- Seamlessly delivered back to the customer when those items are needed.
Our white-glove service tracks all of your items with our two state-of-the-art technology programs; the Mobile Mover electronic inventory and Windfall Warehouse. With Mobile Mover, you receive an emailed inventory of each item stored along with access to images of each item. With Windfall, Arpin can track the location of each item in our warehouse down to the square foot. When you need an item, simply let us know, we’ll pull it, and have it ready for pickup or we can deliver it right to your door.
Mobile Mover Electronic Image InventoryThe Mobile Mover e-inventory is completed paperlessly on an iPad. The Mobile Mo produces a printed inventory with images of each item. With the Mobile Mover inventory:
Every item placed into storage will be identified with a bar-coded numbering tag. Each tag has a unique code linked to for each customer making it virtually impossible to misplace an item.
Each numbered item will receive a detailed description on the inventory identifying the type, color, or style of the item. i.e. (Brown leather sofa)
Serial or model numbers will be scanned into the device and recorded next to the item on the inventory.
If the item is a carton packed by Arpin, its contents will be recorded. If the item is a carton packed by you, its contents will also be recorded provided you have properly labeled the item.
The condition of each item will be documented and any per-existing damages will be noted in plain English text.
Each item will have its image(s) recorded by the device’s camera and the images will display on the final inventory.
When the inventory is completed and signed on the Pad, a PDF version of the e-inventory will be instantly emailed to you and a backup copy will be stored in the cloud indefinitely. Full-size images can be made available to customers free upon request.
At delivery, the crew will use a laser scanner to ensure all items are delivered and verified.
Easy Access Plan for White Glove Storage Customers
Traditionally, moving companies have treated their storage shipments a bit like prisoners in solitary confinement. They have made it difficult for customers to access their items and made it cumbersome to remove them. Arpin of RI wants to turn that on its head with the Easy Access Plan. With the Easy Access Plan:
- Arpin will micro-index the location of every stored article in our warehouse using its Windfall Warehousing software.
- With the combination of the Mobile Mover inventory and Windfall, Arpin can now offer customers the ability to request that single items or a set of items be removed from their storage. Customers will get 1 free request to pull an item from storage for each quarter of the year the items are in storage…4 seasons…4 free requests. Each additional request per quarter for removal is a nominal fee.
Once the items are pulled from your storage vaults, Arpin RI can either:
- Hold these items for pick up by the customer…free.
- Make the items available for pick up by a potential buyer…free.
- Make the items available for pick up by a charity…free.
- Dispose of the items for you in the state landfill ($6.00 per 100 lbs.)
- Deliver the items locally to you or family.**
- Deliver the items to a purchaser.**
- Deliver the items to a charity.**
- Deliver these items to a consignment shop.**
- Ship these items out of state.**
** Separate shipping charges may apply.
What Our Customers Say About Our Service
From Our Blog
Moving Articles & Resources
Recent Ukraine Aid Drive
Arpin Rhode Island: Standing with Ukraine The Ukraine Aid Drive Rhode Island has proven that it is a little state with a big heart.
Specific recommendations to prepare for an apartment or condo move
Arpin of RI has been moving apartments in RI since 1900; that’s 121 years and counting. During that time, our overriding objective has always been
Chapter 12: How To Pack Everything In A Bedroom
How To Pack Everything In A Bedroom Packing dressers and furniture When packing bedroom furniture, the first order of business is to examine the